Popular Posts

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Windows Live Messenger in x64 WinXP

For more than a month my Windows Live Messenger BETA refused to function properly.
It pops up an error message telling that it can't connect then closed automatically with error report.
I didn't pay much attention on it until I really need to use it.
There's an easy way to solve this, which is only to delete folders with random numbers,
under Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger (or Windows Messenger),
or under Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts.
Just soon after trying to delete a few folders with the oldest date,
my WLM functions normally like it was before.

Since I've been using this BETA version in my 64-bit environment for over a year,
guess there's a more updated version to grab for from WLM.
However, it ended up with this:



As far as I remember there was no problem while installing WLM 2009 Beta in Win XP x64.
Seems that they didn't like x64 geeks to chat with each other.
There's one of the ways to have it done:
Windows Live Messenger 2009 on Windows XP 64bit

But I'll stick with the Beta one since it's functioning well now.

No comments:

Post a Comment